|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
| * 1 "graphics" terminal (honeywell?)
* 1 test crt terminal
| * 1 "graphics" terminal (honeywell? I remember it had a graphics character set with a toggle button)
* 1 text crt terminal
http://d116.com/vcf/east/1.0/ - see hp2114a.jpg
The system config as best recollected:
- mounted in a rack mount cabinet
- 32k of RAM installed split 5/5/3/3 or similar for the 2 CRTs, card reader and teletype
- 1 "graphics" terminal (honeywell? I remember it had a graphics character set with a toggle button)
- 1 text crt terminal
[http://www.pdp8.net/asr33/asr33.shtml ASR-33 teletype] with punch tape reader (writer?)
- 2? disk drives. (type? 8" floppy? drum?
- external tape punch was not connected.
- card reader
- line printer
It was running a time slicing basic environment. Perhaps the "TIME-SHARING EXECUTIVE" mentioned in the [http://oscar.taurus.com/~jeff/2100/family/family.html sales brochure]?
There are multiple emulators around for this platform. TimRiker is trying to get one running for old time's sake. Here are some useful links:
http://oscar.taurus.com/~jeff/2100/ <- pictures, even some software!
http://bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/21xx/ <- many of the manuals in pdf format
http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/oldcomp/hp2100/ <- new OS in development, if you can believe that.
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/21xx/poyner1.htm <- article about the history
http://simh.trailing-edge.com/ <- SIMH simulator